Saturday, March 19, 2016

#KhulKeKheloHoli

I grew up in Chennai, where the concept of Holi was limited to certain pockets of the city. I was not from one of those pockets. My first holi experience came when I touched 30, and when I was in Bangalore. My apartment assosiation was having a holi function, and I decided to take part and also indulge in capturing certain frames for memories. Here's how the experience went

Grandparents brought their kids away from iPads and electronics to enjoy nature and festivities.

I just loved the way water was being sprayed about, and people playing with gay abandon.

Couples were rediscovering their love for each other!

People were happy to be dumped in Pink!


While some were happy to be subjected to the force of the hose pipe!


People were washing their differences with color and water

Proof that hand was used for better things than checking notifications.

Association tension and bad blood were forgotten over colours and camaraderie

Some were embarrassed by all the colours, but were enjoying Holi

The initiation ceremony for newbies was fun!

Kids welcoming other kids, just like the adults do!

The aim of the game was to make every inch of the face have all colours from the Vibgyor Spectrum

Some couples were hitting it well and were splashing it well

Actually splashing very well

The powder is waiting to be thrown at some face.

Father's getting their kids to start early! 

I still see that his teeth isn't coloured. Holi isn't over unless you eliminate the shades of White.

Tip Tip Barsa Pani! Love the way adults are playing like kids

My first holi was wonderful with water! Hope to have fun in the coming years!

“I’m pledging to #KhulKeKheloHoli this year by sharing my Holi memories at BlogAdda in association with Parachute Advanced.”

No comments:

Post a Comment